CGS (Glazing) Ltd is a family-run glazing, uPVC and composite door installation company with locations in Burnley and Preston.
Operating throughout the North West, we install only premium quality uPVC frames, energy-efficient A-rated glass and certified secure composite doors.
Why choose CGS?
- Experienced, highly skilled glaziers
- Clean, tidy and considerate installation team
- We listen to our customers and deliver according to their requirements
- We install only premium products from leading manufacturers
- Trusted company operating for 25 years
- All staff are Disclosure Scotland (CRB) checked
- FENSA registered (no. 27980) and fully insured
Nick Emmott has worked in the glazing industry since the early ’90s and began operating as a sole trader under the CGS name in 1996. During this period CGS was the only company in the area specialising in the replacement of failed double glazing units that have condensation in between the glass, which compromises their thermal and noise reduction performance. This service offers our customers the opportunity to save hundreds of pounds by having blown units replaced while retaining the existing uPVC, timber or aluminium frame.
As our company’s reputation grew we began to diversify, offering uPVC window and door installation, conservatory installation, repairs and GRP composite door fitting services. In 2003 CGS registered with Companies House and CGS (Glazing) Ltd was born, with Matthew Pickles joining the company around this time.
Although the company has grown significantly since the early ’90s the core principle behind the operation remains the same: that if the service we provide is not good enough for “our house”, then it’s not good enough for you as a client.
Trusted installers of uPVC products
CGS has built an excellent reputation in the North West on the back of the superior quality of our workmanship and our focus on building positive relationships with our clients. Customers often go out of their way to recommend us, with much of our new work coming from word of mouth.
Our operatives are considerate when working in your home and are Disclosure Scotland (CRB) checked prior to beginning work with us.
CGS are a FENSA registered, fully insured company operating in both the public and private sectors. We undertake work on behalf of several national insurance companies, repairing or replacing units following flooding, fire, subsidence or storm and impact damage. This can range from a simple door repair to the replacement of all the windows and doors in a home.
Some of the services we offer
- Blown or misted double glazing unit replacement
- uPVC window and door installation
- Composite door installation
- Energy-efficient conservatories and garden rooms
- Fascias, soffits, cladding and guttering
- Door repair – handles, locks, hinges
- Leak investigation and repair
- Conservatory repair and roof upgrades
Don’t hesitate to contact us with your requirements – our experienced and knowledgeable team are happy to help.